Discussion on CHM101 Topics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

uncertaintity of finding electron

3 posters

Go down

uncertaintity of finding electron Empty uncertaintity of finding electron

Post by knight47 Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:15 am

i was wondering how can i explain to someone what happens to an electron when i try to see it? as we all know that only understanding is not sufficient as communicating with the world or explaining what we learned is also important and i ended up with this -
suppose if a prime minister wants to see  a person.
case 1- person is a celebrity/vip etc ,he will see what he is.
case 2-what if we want to see us ? well nothing much will change because iiser is already good but some minor changes like the speakers for students in the lecture halls will start working tongue
case 3-what if he wants to see a person dont have a house or lives in a hut ? the time when prime minister comes to him maybe he will be living in the  house with all the facilities like electricity water etc
now compare the prime minister with observer,celebrity with a baseball ,us with a nucleus and the person in case 3 as electron  and the intermediate ministers and the people who work for government at the scale we live, with the photons.
people have always told me that quantum phenomenon is not seen in our daily life what i want to say the reason why we observe the quantum phenomenon is not because its small but due to the difference in the scale of observation.This can be given as a example to explain the uncertainty of finding a electron , its just a random thought correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by knight47 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

knight47

Back to top Go down

uncertaintity of finding electron Empty Re: uncertaintity of finding electron

Post by The Confused Guy (O.o)? Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:42 am

but i would like to think that the prime minister can meet any one of these people, but if he is waiting for a celeb he will see the celeb even when there are us and a person without house right in front of him
The Confused Guy (O.o)?
The Confused Guy (O.o)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sreejith A Nair Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Knight47 your philosophy is quite good. But the statement is confusing. Could you say the main idea of the statement in direct way so that we can understand it better.

Sreejith A Nair

Back to top Go down

Post by knight47 Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:59 pm

The Confused Guy (O.o)? wrote:but i would like to think that the prime minister can meet any one of these people, but if he is waiting for a celeb he will see the celeb even when there are us and a person without house right in front of him
if you want a beggar to stand with a celebrity wont you change his conditions (cloths.etc)

knight47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sreejith A Nair Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:02 pm

I am the Comfused guy. What are you people talking about.

Sreejith A Nair

Back to top Go down

Post by knight47 Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Sreejith A Nair wrote:Knight47 your philosophy is quite good. But the statement  is confusing. Could you say the main idea of the statement in direct way so that we can understand it better.
its just a fancy way of understanding what happens to a electron when we try to see it and what causes the uncertainty

knight47

Back to top Go down

Post by The Confused Guy (O.o)? Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Sreejith A Nair wrote:I am the Comfused guy. What are you people talking about.
i said that if there is a celeb, me and a beggar standing, if the pm wants to see the celeb he wont notice us even though we are there, same happens with electron
Hahahaah for making u confused sreejith xD

Last edited by The Confused Guy (O.o)? on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Confused Guy (O.o)?
The Confused Guy (O.o)?

Back to top Go down

Post by knight47 Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:21 pm

what i wanted to point out is its not the fact that its too small so it follow quantum mechanics but its the matter of scale and with the example i wanted to show you the scale with the example

knight47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sreejith A Nair Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:35 pm

Thank you.For considering my appeal. But I suppose being big does not make us immune to the laws of quantum mechanics. Instead we as being big is obaing a special case of quantum mechanics. And I passionately believe that a day will come when we can explain all the world's (micro,macro&mega) with the same set of postulates. Instead of dividing it into the realms of quantum mechanics, classical mechanics&relativistic mechanics respectively.

Sreejith A Nair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down